One fine day we came to the conclusion that we have a super commute to Germany, so why not jump to Berlin for the weekend? :)
We had already planned a trip to the area, mainly to spend some time at Tropical Island, but we were effectively dissuaded from doing so. So the trip was delayed, but fortunately there were some daredevils who dared to go with us. Since they opened Primark in this city the motivation to go has further increased! :)
Initially we wanted to go on Friday evening or Saturday morning, but in the end we decided that we would take it easy on Friday morning, go shopping (those not interested in shopping were supposed to leave and join later, but it turned out that everyone was interested :P)
Some tips before heading to Berlin
Here are some tips on what to take care of before heading to Berlin:
- The easiest way to book a hotel is on booking.com – just make sure that there is a train station nearby and that it is not in the further zones (zons) of the city,
- You can sign up for some attractions online while still at home: the Pergamon Museum and the Parliament – this will avoid sizable queues at the site and save a lot of time. For the museum, tickets are paid online, Parliament is free,
- Gasoline in Germany is more expensive – it is worth refueling while still in Poland to fill up,
- We had no problems to get along in English, but a dictionary would be useful, among other things. In museums, where not everything was translated into English,
- It is worth taking Euros with you – unfortunately, card payments are not as popular as in Poland,
- On Sunday, most stores are closed, so it’s a good idea to stock up for the day beforehand,
- Entrance to the strict center is paid.
Well, let’s hit the road! :-)
Berlin, what to see at the weekend?
We dissected our trip to Berlin in several topics. You can put together an interesting idea for the weekend from this.
Here you will find a post about sightseeing in Berlin and about Primark in Berlin. If you had a little more time it is worth looking near Berlin, Potsdam is also an interesting place where you can quietly spend a day.